Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chemo # 5

Well an exciting week for my blog and I as we were added to the i2y.com stupid cancer blogroll. This gives all the users of this website access to my blog. It's almost like it's published pretty cool eh! i2y.com is a pretty cool website it's worth a look... Jolaine I do feel more at peace and ease these days although this week was up and down again. Jen my attitude stays strong because of my wife and kids. Stephanie you were so funny at Erin's last night but I hope your morning wasn't to hard today. Jewel you and Jen playing taboo together is not fair I mean you know the color of each others underwear. Jen your saltwater gargle worked with my sore tooth thanks so much!!! Surprise!!! Erin a devoted commenter to my blog and friend of my wife and I had her dirty 30th bday last night... When she came through the door she was mauled by my wife and Stephanie. Erin nearly peed her pants. Oh well maybe your 40th the bladder won't be so strong and you'll pee then lol. We had a great time you were so funny at the party and you seemed pumped up and I made it to 1:00 am not bad for a guy who had chemo the day before!

Chemo # 5 went off with a bang on friday. I felt pretty energetic after my chemo and was able to go out and do some chores right after with Jen. We picked the girls up at my brothers and I came home for a nap. After my nap and for the first time since doing chemo I didn't feel well. I thought I was going to puke... I got a little nasty and I was able to fight it off with the help of my antinausea meds. I didn't sleep at all friday night but that was ok I was able to watch the not so good opening ceremonies for the olympics. I popped my prednisone on Saturday morning and slept most of saturday during the day. Aunt Lisa came down with Kelsey and Jacklynn to watch the girls so Jen and I could goto Erin's surprise 30th party sat night.

Dr Loman who I seen at the clinic on thursday kinda rubbed me the wrong way. He's a retired Oncologist how helps out at the clinics on thursday because unfortunately the clinics are so busy they need all the help they can get. He kept referring to my cancer a uncureable which I KNOW IT IS! When I asked about a PET Scan he told me unless I was going to pay for it he wouldn't order it. He told me because I have a incureable cancer that this scan wasn't necessary. I do agree to some extent with this because it doesn't tell me nothing as to if I'll ever relapse but it does give me a peace of mind. But he's an old school doc no use arguing with him I'll wait for Dr Chin-yee and try again he's more reasonable. If not I'll pay for the friggin thing myself. My CAT scan is set for feb 17th and the docs are 85% sure I'll only need on more chemo so that's good I think my body needs a rest from the chemo.

I'm starting to think about life after chemo. I guess I need to think about going back to work. This for me should be an easy transition I have a great partner in Dennis which will make it easy for me. I was able to have a nice visit with him last week. I still want to be able goto wellspring to make use of all there fine programs. I've also want to continue talk and see all my cancer buddies who helped me greatly through this journey. I worry a bit about my stamina because I don't have any right now but I'm sure it'll come back although it'll be slowly. Of course my diet and excercise will have to jumo to the forefront. Know more chemo eating but who cares I'm alive and doing well!!!

I've become addicted to reading other peoples blogs with cancer. Some of them are really well done and truly inspiring writings. I find peace in reading all the crap these people go through and all the positive vibes they still give up is amazing. I realized cancer hasn't ruined my life it has been a wake up call for me. I always considered myself a guy who lived life day by day. Then cancer came and now I live day by day. I learned what's important I get it and for that I feel lucky. The problem is when you learn this you want to even live longer because you simplfy life after cancer. When you have cancer you don't have a clue how long you'll be around. That's the irony of the whole thing you want to live but how long will I be around is the question. I believe I still have alot of time to make my mark on this planet. This is important to me because I want to instill my values on my girls. They are my world my light and my energy. For them I'll live my life to it's fullest not feeling sorry for myself but appreciative for the time I have with them. Of course my wife who holds the family together right now while I fight the fight. She kinda gets the tireless job of taking care of us all thank-you honey!

7 comments:

  1. John! by far your best blog! (and no, not because of the last line haha).
    You are really figuring things out-I am so proud of you!!
    If I thought you were our hero before you have proven it once again. M&M and I are so blessed, I would love to change the fact you have cancer but in a way, if you have to have it, I wouldn't change a thing. our family and friends are strong and closer than ever, we are so lucky to have what we have. In some ways cancer may have bettered our lives....
    anyway, it was great to party it up last night, thanks for being such a special part of our lives.You were a hoot as always and of course the other lovely people we had fun with! I cannot wait to see the pics (christine remember steph is begging you not to put them on fb, her dad is on her friend list LOL) haha
    thanks again for all of the help we get from our family and friends and always know each and every one of you is so very appreciated.
    John, happy valentines day, you ARE my soul mate. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. after the "anyway" there, it was supposed to say Erin...john you are a special part of our lives but that line was for erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so email the pics and all is well and I will approve what Facebook land sees :) John, did you want to share what "errands" you and Jen did after chemo?? You left that part out :) haha!
    JOhn, I love your positive attitude! YOu are a rocking guy, dont change a thing you do!!
    So what is the pickle company going to do once your last chemo is complete?????????
    Oh, and Steph felt pretty damn good today!!! Mostly thanks to the children who slept in and a couple of Advils :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, I'm so glad you were here to celebrate my birthday with me! Thanks for the "big surprise" too. I'm not sure if anyone else in history has done "that" right after a chemo treatment.

    Once again I love reading your blog and you give me inspiration every time.

    You fight for the PET scan next time you see the doctor, it's your right. Good luck at the CT scan this week.

    And remember if you feel like a 21 hour drive this weekend you know where we'll be!!!!
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man----I don't even know Dr Loman-----maybe he should be Dr Low-man as that is how he treated you!!!! Man, I am soooo pissed off at him----he has no right as a Dr to treat you as he did---where the hell was his compassion?????? Good for you to say you'll pursue it with Dr Chin-yee----no matter what, you should NOT be deprived of it--epecially when it can give you such peace of mind!!!!! Fight for it no matter what they say! I golfed with Shannon today---weather has finally turned nice. Chico is returning home on Thursday to do more ice fishing---I'll stay in the warm sunshine thanks anyway. Good luck with the CatScan---keep us all posted. Chico & Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. John you ARE amazing and I'd be happy to come down anytime to watch M&M - it was fun! Glad you and Jen had a great time. There will be lots more! Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. John; I had a Dr. like that "Lowman" at LRCP when I was first dx'ed. I basically told him to fuck off and get me a Dr. who is interested in saving my life! Don't let him bring you down!
    Anyway, I'm working on our next i[2]y/stupid cancer event - trying to get a deal on bowling at Palasad :). Stay tuned and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete