Saturday, April 10, 2010

I've been so lazy!

I have to say that the last 2 weeks have been exhausting. My youngest brother came from vancouver for easter and that was the big surprise since my parents had no idea. It made for an eventful week. I took the girls to Windsor so we could hang with Matt. Unfortunately Marissa and I caught some stomach flu thing and I spent alot of time in bed... It was nasty and combine that with the chemo it made for some rough days... But all is good now! I think we passed it on to half are poor family! Sorry Guys! I missed the stupid cancer that I was so excited for because I was laid up in  bed all day tuesday.

Well I'm scheduled for the big CAT scan next wednesday. This will tell me of course if I'm done or if I have to do one more chemo. Health wise I feel pretty good my stamina is low but that's to be expected. I have my gym membership and I'd like to start hitting the gym next week and get this pudgy drugged up body in shape. Of course the reality of starting my new cancer fighting diet will start SOON as well as exercise. I need to be in the best shape of my life in case I have to fight the beast again! There's no more excuses as far as I'm concerned my little girls depend on that. It would be nice to grow hair on my body again and of course the possibility of going back to work! I will also be doing a maintenance chemo every three months for 2 years after my last chemo. Of course I will be getting checkups all the time for relapses... As I cruise back into my life after chemo. I wonder what this will be like? I've talked to a lot of people who went through the chemo treatment and so many of them say it's harder going back to normal then going through the actual chemo. They say leaving the comfort zone of the treatment and having someone always watching you can be frightening. When you go back to work everyone thinks well he looks great he must be fine! This just simply is not always the case... I don't know how I'll feel when I get to this point. I'm pretty laid back and I don't dwell to much on what I've been through just looking forward to living every day the best I can from here. I'm so pooped I'm going to bed! Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. You're right John going back to life after chemo is probably harder then starting the journey. I never thought of it that way before. Hopefully you'll adjust well to it all and of course everyone who reads this will help you along the way if you need it.

    JETT

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you!
    you are doing great and will still do great. life is a constant adjustment...and you have the love and support of your family and friends to guide you through...you will also be watched forever now so you do have that comfort. anyway, keep your chin up as you have and enjoy the days we have....no point in worrying about cancer when you could have a car accident tomorrow...our time comes when it comes and there is no way around it...but yours is a long way away..I know it! so have fun and enjoy your kids and wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also the sooner things get back to normal the sooner you can figure out when you're coming to vancouver. Tickets for UFC sold out in half an hour, so that probably wont be a factor in when you come here. Also lost my phone last night so expect a message with my new number soon
    Matt

    ReplyDelete