Monday, June 28, 2010

Back To Work Today!

Today was my first official day back to work, albeit only 2 hrs. I will be broken in slowly for 2 hrs a day for 2 weeks and 4hrs a day for 2 weeks and then into full time hrs again in August. My body feels strong so I have no worries about keeping up. There's part of me that wants to prove to cancer that I can come back stronger then before so Fuck-you cancer. The fact that I won't be able to spend every hour with my daughters is the only downfall about going back to work. On the other hand I wasn't sure 6 months ago If I'd have much longer to live. So all is good on the mental side of things right now. Eating healthy continues as scheduled and kinda has become a hobby of mine, looking for healthy recipes and such. If anyone has some cancer fighting recipes send them along I prefer low fat if possible!

I spent  some time in Windsor and was able to fish with my dad and golf with my sister. Also we had a grade school reunion with my old classmates from St. John Vianney. It was a blast from the past since I haven't seen some of my classmates in 25 yrs. It was great to see all of you!

Health wise nothing to report other then I'm always touching the lymph nodes in my armpits. After all that's where my cancer appeared. Good news is I don't feel anything, bad news is that feeling nothing doesn't tell me shit. Only a CAT scan can tell me if it's growing again. No CAT scan until October, but I do have maintenance chemo July 16th.

3 comments:

  1. hey babe.....
    you have done so GREAT,you really are amazing.
    Thanks for being so tough, so awesome and just so resilient!!
    we are so lucky to have you, I woulnd't trade you for anybody!!!!
    Back to work and back to "normal"...lol not like we were ever normal to begin with!
    love you so much!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the notable increase in swearing this post. What do you work in a fucking shop or something?

    Matt

    ReplyDelete