Sunday, January 17, 2010

Surprise!!!

Jolaine I agree I do look good and I am doing well and I'm thankful for that. Colleen I think Chico is absolutely right I will make it. I think it is neat that your son has the same bday. I hope everthing works out for him also. Erin I have a positive attitude because many people like yourselves that give your time,love, and prayers to my family. Jen thanks for going above and beyond to organize a little surprise for me in windsor it was great fun. Jolaine and Duke thanks for letting us party at your house. Linda if I was in a wheelchair I'd be at the golf trip that's how much fun I have on that trip. Thanks to all the golf trip guys for showing up at the party. Linda it was nice to see you there! It was great to see al of you at the party... Cathy I agree the best part about doing my stickers was I didn't make a decision because of my cancer that was cool! Thanks for the birthday wishes Craig,BJ,Victoria and Katie. Yes we need to get together or my wife will start harassing you.

Well this week was busy busy. Thursday Morning for my birthday my neighbour Derek took me out for breakfast at the malibu and it was fantastic. Derek and I could talk until breakfast the next day no problem. We never shut up and enjoy talking and sharing stories with each other. Then for lunch myself,mom, and the girls met Jen for lunch at work. We had a nice lunch and mom picked up the bill. Thanks mom! Later that night we had friends and family over for supper wow what a great day! On friday my work partner Dennis picked me up and brought me out for lunch at hooks. Dennis and I also have the gift of gab it was nice to see him. Dennis I'll be back slugging it out with you soon... Thanks for lunch! Friday night we left for windsor. I went out for lunch with my wife on Saturday and came back to my parents for a afternoon nap. When I woke up we had pizza and headed over to my sisters for cake and cupcakes. Little did I know there was friends and family gathered for a little surprise party. I was so not expecting this. It was so nice to see all of you. I haven't seen alot of you's since my diagnosis. So we sat around and ate and told stories and had lots of good laughs. Thanks to everyone for the cards and lottery tickets and gift cards so not necessary but appreciated. I stayed up to 1:00am pretty good for me. Sunday was off to Chatham to pick up my mother in law so she can babysit me this week lol.

Otherwise I feel great pyhsically and mentally. I have my peer support group on monday. But I don't think I have any other things going on at wellsprings this week. I might give meditation a shot this week again. My butt doesn't feel as lethal this week. My appointment with Dr. Chin-yee is thrusday and chemo # 4 is on the friday already. A big happy birthday to my sister in law and dad who's birthdays are monday and tuesday this week. Young people with cancer is a support group that I think I'm going to join. I took the phone number off a pamphlet at wellsprings. They have conferences and support groups also it looks kind of neat. Also I want to say happy bday to Jack we missed his 4th bday while we were in windsor. I suspect Jack made out alright in the gift department. Could I be right Steph?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday, John!!!
    Kim XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your birthday was great John! You'll having many more just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack made out well and had fun with a housefull of chaos!!!! GLad you had a great birthday too!!! You were born on an excellent day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John,

    Life has been so crazy busy I haven't checked up lately, so I had some reading to do to catch up. Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you've been doing well!

    Nice job winning at poker... we'll have to get a game going some time if I make it towards London or you end up in Toronto. Hilarious that Mark (presumably?) couldn't hold the booze the way he once could! LOL Razz him for me!

    Have you been out West to see Matt yet, or just the pending trip in the Spring?

    Derek

    ReplyDelete