Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This week feels very normal!

Thanks to Jennifer my wife for all your encouragement and help. Steph thanks for the info on my pickle obsession. Apparently I eat the pickles to make up for my Iron deficiency so that explains things. Erin I couldn't agree more with you this is my year... Jewel I think you're coming over for dinner thrusday so I'll see you then but no Eric this time oh well! Jennifer if you ever want to make me some more lasangna that would be great. Also a big thanks to Kim for making the shepards pie for us this week it was so yummy. Also a prayer for a friend who lost her father recently Jen and I send our love!

Well Jan 14th is my 38th birthday and my first with cancer. I never thought I'd be talking about cancer at 38 let alone through 3 cycles of chemo already. Sometimes this whole thing doesn't feel real. Unfortunately it is very real. But not is all bad I continue to feel great and very optimistic. Today I renewed my stickers for 2 years on my van and as I walked out I realized I never thought about if I'd be around in 2 years. When she asked me if I wanted to renew I said 2 years and never thought about it. 2 Months earlier I would have thought about it for a bit. I'm not sure how long the van will be around but I'll outlast that thing. I had my weelsprings peer support group on monday and the more I go the more I realize I'm going to miss this group when they are gone. I believe we will continue to gather as a group at the local coffee shops around the city hopefully once a week for awhile. The big day is feb 17th for the Cat scan which I mentioned in the last blog. They'll be able to measure my tumor and I'll have an idea how much more chemo I'll do. Jan 21st I have my next appointment with Dr chin-yee and the next day I do my 4th cycle of chemo already. For now I just continue on like life is normal I have a plan to fly out to see my brother in Vancouver in the spring as well as my golf trip. My Marissa has her 4th bday on Jan 31st already wow. Life flows so fast sometimes I just want to throw on the brakes. Eventually I'll have to start thinking about going back to work which I look forward to. My mom is here this week watching the girls as my mother in law gets a break. Did alitte ice skating on my brothers homemade icerink this week and I officially have no stamina.

Have a great week everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Hey John
    So happy to hear about you being optimistic, as am I. I think that is great that you never thought twice about your renewal for your licence, it is obviously a sign! Seeing you this weekend made me think about how great you look and I still find it so hard to believe that you have cancer. You look great! Keep up the fight
    Love Jolaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. John you rock keep up the good work and you'll do great!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there John-----always soooooo optimistic----such a good feeling after reading your blog. Yes----THIS IS YOUR YEAR!!!!. Chico & I went to a different Church on Sunday----not sure if you know this or not but the first time you go into a new Church, you can make a wish----of course, guess who the wish was for? See why Chico says 100% that you are going to make it.I smiled when I saw that tomorrow is your birthday-----my son, Jamie was born in Windsor at Met Hospital on January 14, 1972!!!!!! Same birthday!!! He too has had a bit of a rough time (certainly not as serious as yours) but got some good news yesterday-----looks like you have to wait until Feb for yours but it will be good news. Weather here has finally warmed up----Shannon & I will start in our golf league on Monday. Chico is heading home tomorrow until the 31st to do some ice fishing!!!!!! Me???? I'll enjoy the Florida sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are still in our prayers---say Hi to Mom & Dad. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how positive you are John, it really goes to show that the rest of us need to be more positive in our every day lives...if you can do it then most likely the rest of us can too.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!! Enjoy your day as I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John,
    I am so excited for your birthday tomorrow! Cheers to many more!!!!!
    I have always loved birthdays but this one just seems so much sweeter! LOVE YOU!!!
    I hope that your day tomorrow is fun and that you feel the love that is all around you!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thursday January 14th-----HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jon,Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you could hear Chico & I singing it for you!!! Have a wonderful celebration today with your family surrounding you ----may God continue to bless you. Have a great day! Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday John - We hope you have many, many more.

    Your dad gave me the 50 bucks when we had lunch yesterday, so there is no backing out now. You have to go golfing - no excuses :>)

    Have a GREAT birthday!!

    Mike & Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday John! That's awesome that you didn't think twice about renewing your stickers. Glad to hear you're doing so well...Cathy Perreault

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey John - happy birthday from the Cunninghams. We are all so very proud of you and Jen...hopefully we can drop by sometime in March?? for a visit...it's been far too long!!

    Craig, BJ, Victoria, & Katie

    ReplyDelete