Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well a BIG thanks to my wife for all her support throughout are crazy last few months you are my true love. Erin thanks for the new years eve bash with the kids it was great. Jolaine it was great to have you at chemo even though I slept the whole time. B&B thanks for all the help I don't know how we'd do it without you! Colleen & Chico I'm glad to hear you're in florida with 2 of my favourite people Shannon and Bev. Never too late to learn some good old golfing I say.


I'm happy to say that round 3 of chemo has no signs of nausea again. But I notice that my energy level is way down. I hate to say it but chemo is tiring me out. I'm more like a sprinter now I can go hard for 2 or 3 hours then I need a nap. So that's a bit frustrating for me but these aren't huge obstacles it's just the way it is. I'm trying to write more in my blog but I've been to tired to write most nights. I have a CAT scan scheduled for Feb 17th so this will give me the first real indication of just how much my tumor has shrunk throughout this chemo treatment. So mark that on your calender... I also forgot to take my prednisone one morning and it screwed up my sleep for a few days. One very heartbreaking thing for me is that food is tasting wierd for me lately. I told the wife last night that foods aren't tasting the same as they used to this is a true bummer to me. Pickles still taste good as well as cuccumber and vineager. I went to my support group on Monday which was great I missed the group over the holiday. When the facilitator tolds us we only had 3 weeks left with the group I started to panic. All I thought was who am I going to speak with after they're gone. Then the facilitator said unless you want to exchange #'s and still meet. I piped up like a desperate puppy and said I will, I will... Thank god everyone else seemed excited to continue. There is just something calming about talking to someone that is going what you're going through. This group has reallllllllllllllllly helped me and they don't even know it. I have my first reiki this week so I'm excited for this. Also more meditation and theraputic touch this week. I had a very positive holidays there were ups and downs but more then ever cancer has picked the wrong fight! Thanks for the book dad I've just browsed through it for now but will read it.

I've been a bit spoiled over the holidays with a new laptop and a blackberry for myself. I also had 2 very fun poker nights over the holidays. Thanks Felice and Kent for letting us use your houses.

5 comments:

  1. lol, John it is true, you are heart broken over the lack of taste in food...
    new years was fun, cheers to many more together! Even though I wasn't at the poker games I can tell Felice and Kent that John was quite excited to play!! thanks guys!
    thanks to everyone for everything...everybody is so amazing..god bless all of you! and god bless us, we are so lucky in so many ways and yes, poor cancer, picked the wrong fight!
    love ya babe and I am looking forward to all the birthdays coming up! Little Finn's on saturday (the big ONE) and yours too on the 14th! plus many more we can write about as they come...
    p.s I was asked about posting comments and I find that when I hit "post" I usually get a warning that says it didn't work and I just hit "post" again and it works..fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and the fam!!! YOu are a strong person John and I can tell that 2010 has many good things in store for your family!!! Just as an aside, I talked to Dr.Xenocostas about your pickle infatuation :) He says it is related to your iron deficiency!!! Crazy!!!
    Keep on trucking!!! You are an inspriation to us all!!

    Steph
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years Maisonville's. This is your year John and don't forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! back at ya!

    Eric is jonesing to play video games with his buddy John.. but his snotty nose is keeping him away!!!

    He still wants you to come and watch him play hockey!!!

    2010 is the official kick cancers ass year!

    xoxo j&e

    ps... are you going to leave your facebook open on the new laptop too?? haha! sorry but it is too tempting to NOT change your profile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John,
    you are brave and good. I bet everyone in that room felt as desperate as you. Like everyone else who knows and loves you, I bet they are feeling lucky to have such a willing friend. I'm sorry food is not tasting as good anymore . . . if you want more lasagna, say the word. Love SILjen.

    ReplyDelete