Thursday, March 4, 2010

Well It looks like lucky 7!!!

Well basically I have to do a 7th chemo. It's not that the CAT scan was bad it was quite the oppisite. The CAT scan came back as a very favourable response to chemo! That's good! My lymphnode under my left armpit shrunk from 5.5cm to about 2cm this is good. The nodes in my abdomen that were slighty swollen before chem they didn't even measure becsause they were good. Basically the normal procedure is they do the CAT scan after chemo 4 and whatever your lymphnodes measure after chemo 4 they then use to compare when they measure after chemo 6 if the nodes measure the same after six as they did after 4 then you're considered in remission. Basically when they're sure the chemo won't shrink your nodes anymore you are done. Now since I couldn't get my CAT scan until my 5th chemo I have to do the seventh chemo and do the CAT scan after seventh. If the chemo is still shrinking my nodes after seven then I'll have to do an 8th. They suspect 2cm is about as small as they will get it. Dr. Donahue who I seen today was very thorough and quite positive. She told me they are working towards a CURE for me... This was exciting for me to hear the doc talk with so much enthusiasm. You're not going to hear me argue with such a bold strong statement. So although I'd rather be done after 6 the news has been good so I'll take it and do 7 thank you God!

I just wanted to take a second to thank all of you who read and comment on my blog I love to hear from you all so keep on writing. I did a quick calculation and I have well over a hundred followers on my blog and that's exciting in it's own right. Freinds and family I couldn't do it without your prayers and good wishes. I've been involved so much in the self help groups and met so many people with this crazy diease it's really sad when you think how many of us there are... I have had the pleasure to spend lots of time hanging out with them chatting with them through email even getting my butt kicked in table tennis by one of them. They have helped me sooooooooooooooooo much in understanding my thoughts and feelings and concerns I have. You'd think us cancer survivors wouldn't have such a good humor as we do have. This week I did the art therapy and yoga I missed my Reiki but oh well there is always next week. On march 30th "stupid cancer" is back in london this a group for young people with cancer. We'll be bowling at the palasad it should be amazing like the last one!!! So if you are under 40 and live in southwestern ontario come out and bowl with us or email me and I'll tell you how to get there!!!


Thank you to my 3 girls Jen,Marissa, and Mikayla as long as you're here daddy will fight the fight because life is always worth living. Also you're all so darn cute!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lucky 7 sure is right!!!!!!! What great news John---they certainly have been able to "reduce" your tumors so looking towards a cure is not impossible-----FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep your positive outlook as you continue your journey. Chico & I went into a fishing tournament here yesterday---he got a Gold Medal for the most fish and a Bronze Medal for the biggest fish!!!! Me----the only thing I caught was a cold!!!! Finally, Florida weather is returning to Florida!!!!! Great as always to read your blog---keep up the good work---it is inspiring to all of us. Chico & Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad teh CT showed good results John. Number 7 should be a breeze for you at this point. Can't wait to hear more from you. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic news -- number 7 will be the lucky one -- Florida weather has been cold but your news has just warmed it up -- can't wait to get home and to see you and the girls -- Shannon is golfing with Colleen on Mondays -- they have lots of fun -- our thoughts and prayers are with you all day long -- keep up the good work -- Bev & Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one thing to say: You're AWESOME!

    Kim XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear all your good news! Hearing the "cure" word from your doctors must be such an amazing feeling! Thanks for your comments on my blog, it's nice to hear from a fellow Canadian. I sure wish I was anywhere that I could get together with others and go bowling. I may try to get to an i2y retreat sometime.

    ReplyDelete