Friday, May 21, 2010

Feeling Good!

Well I finally have a second to write about what's going on in my life. I have been feeling great since the chemo has been done. I've been hitting the gym quite frequently and working out almost everyday. I've shrunk my 252 lbs frame down to 228 lbs. All the lost weight has given me a burst of energy that I really need to take care of the girls now that my help is all gone home. My goal is to be in better shape for when I go back to work. I believe I'm already in much better shape then I was when I left. June 28th seems to be the date set for my return to work. I'll go back 2 hrs a day for the 1st 2 weeks then 4hrs a week for 2 weeks then in August I'll return to full time on straight days until Christmas. I've started eating much better since my chemo was done. Mostly plants and nuts with a moderate amount of meat... I've been paranoid of sugar but there has been a few ice creams snuck in there. The first week in June is my golf trip so I'm very pumped to golf with the boys. They've all been a great support since my diagnosis. Kinda a funny story I went over to Fellows Creek golf course in Michigan last week to golf with some of the guys from the golf trip. When we got to the border the border guard was really grilling us hard about why we were crossing today... He asked Lynwood how he got the day off to golf. Lynwood mentioned that he was on midnights and he had to go in later that night. He asked Keith and Keith said he had the day off of work. When he asked me how I got the day off I told him that I finished chemo a month ago and didn't know when I had to return to work! I didn't even finish and he told us to have a nice day! Keith said "boy you shut him up fast didn't you!" Lastly I've booked my trip with my sister to Vancouver In august to see my brother Matt... So this is going to be an exciting summer.

4 comments:

  1. Wow---you sound great John---and lots of plans to keep you busy over the summer----Vancouver with your sister in August-----lucky guy!!!!! And such wonderful support from your golf buddies-----yes, life is good isn't it! Enjoy the holiday week-end with your family. Colleen & Chico

    ReplyDelete
  2. August is coming quick and I am so excited to be going to Vancouver, especially with you! I better get my butt in shape too. I am very proud of you John, you look great and it sounds that you feel great to. Way to go, keep up the good work. We will be in touch soon, camping in June???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The invitation is still open except we have a wedding on Aug. 28 and may have company that weekend. Let us know when you're coming. If you fly into Abbotsford I can pick you up. Glad Jolaine is coming with you. Euchre anyone????
    Fred's cousin Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll take ya up on that Euchre offer Terry. We're playing for cash though I'm taking all your Quarters. I think We'll be in Vancouver the weekend of August 20th-22nd.
    Vancouver is waiting for you

    Matt

    ReplyDelete