Saturday, May 29, 2010

Putting life back together!

Well as I journey into the unknown that for me is life after chemo. I realize that I've been blessed with one great gift from god above. That is the gift to not worry about the things I can't control. I was always for the most part good at it but when I discovered I had cancer it was put to it's greatest test. I had a slow start but have learned to give back control to the god above and live life one day at a time. I don't look back or worry much at all about my cancer as much as I thought. I do still acknowledge it and talk about it often. I like talking about it and find it quite therapeutic. I often find myself reflecting back to all the love I received and help from are friends and families. The connections I made in the cancer community with people battling the disease like myself. These are friendships that will last forever and I couldn't be happier. I have a greater appreciation for life in general and greater will to live then ever. Cancer has taken a chunk out of me but I can't ever let it beat me! For me now the future is today and when I wake up tomorrow the future begins again. For this I'm thankful! Tonight I'm headed over to my brother's for a UFC fight!

To update my new lifestyle change as far as exercise and diet! This has went well I continue to exercise and eat well. The most amazing part is how well I've avoided sugar and my body craves sugar. When I reflect back to my eating habits I realized I ate well for the most part. But my worst habits revolved around sugar mostly Coke. I could remember stopping at stores on the way to work to pick up candy, it got to be almost everyday. This was the year before I was diagnosed with the cancer. After I went to the seminar on diet and nutrition and heard the nutritionist speak of how they strongly suspect because cancer cells need lots of energy to survive they therefore thrive of sugar and the quick energy boost it gives them. I guess it sounds crazy that I'm suggesting that my cravings were feeding my cancer but is it really that crazy? On a lighter note, no pun intended, I've lost more weight now and am down to 222 lbs from the whopping 252lbs after chemo... My wife can call me Mc hottie instead of Mc fatty.

4 comments:

  1. Oh John-----your reflections on life are soooo wonderful----imagine, learning something good from that terrible disease. Yes, each day is the start of a new life---we cannot change the past but we can make a difference in the future.Keep your positive outlook and you will continue to recieve positive results. Hugs to you!!!! Colleen & Chico

    ReplyDelete
  2. McHottie!!! haha
    Glad your diet and excerise are going well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John
    Keep up the good life style choices you are a great example for me Love Mom
    I think you are a real HOTTIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. 222 Johnny! I'll have to see what you're made out of once you get to Vancouver just wait till you try sushi!

    ReplyDelete