Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Check up!

Well today I had my first check up since my last chemo! Other then the 3 and a half hour wait things went well. I asked why they check my blood work even though I'm done my chemo. The reason is there are certain indicators in the blood that can tip him off to whether or not the disease is progressing again. My indicators all came back normal.... thank god! Dr Chin-Yee (super cool doctor) was concerned about my weight loss and questioned me about it. He was comfortable with my answer, which was lots of exercise and proper diet. After all weight loss is a sign that the disease is progressing again. When he seen me 3 months ago I was 255lbs and today I weighed in at 215lbs. That's 40 big ones gone for those of you who don't do the math.  Chin-Yee checked all my lymphnodes like he always does, then at my wife's request he checked my moles. My wife a few checkups ago wanted the doc to recheck my groin... She gets a kick out of watching doctors feeling me up! Moles are good by the way! I'll get her back one day when a beautiful young intern comes in and I'll have her recheck my groin over and over again. I have a friend who has Follicular Non hodgkins lymphoma like myself. She has never been treated for the tumor that has been growing in her neck. It had grown a to a fair size and she had enough and wanted it gone. So they did a CAT scan to determine if she needed chemo or if it could be surgically removed. The CAT scan show no grow in the tumor in 5 yrs and I believe one little spot in the abdomen. So she's having that sucker removed. For those of you who read my blog regularly no that this is not an option for me because my cancer is more spread out. Anyways good luck with the surgery and you are an inspiration! Well got to take my girls to dance, Chow!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good check up John.
    JETT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd share this old New York Times story - I thought of you John when I read it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/health/14brod.html?_r=1&ref=jane_e_brody

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the check up went well! 40 Lbs brother! I may not be the Best looking Maisonville anymore
    Matt

    ReplyDelete