Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 2

First of all I want to thank everyone for commenting on my blogs. The encouragement is so apreciated. All the food everyone has sent over has been great! Well 2 days and so far nothing as far as feeling shitty. Jeff who has went through chemo last year himself gave me good advice. Take your pills don't be a hero. I've been popping my gravols every 4 to 6 hours. The predisone (a steriod) keeps me awake big time. The gravol seems to be no match for it. I did sleep 6 or 7 hrs last night though. I'm starting to freak out a bit as I realize the chemo is killing off the cancer cells as well as my good white cells. I'll be using my hand sanitizer and washing my hands like crazy. Thanks to my mother in law for getting the kids off to daycare for us in the morning. I'm so glad I have decided not to work through this. Even though I haven't felt to bad you still feel off a bit. I'm up at weird hours. Well wish me luck I'm going for a long walk this morning after I eat my eggs...

6 comments:

  1. Hey John---sounds like you are handling things very well; if I can give you any advice it would be to take things one day at a time----take care of TODAY, tomorrow will take care of itself. The good news is you don't have lots of hair to lose from the chemo eh!!!!!!!Chico continues to say a Rosary for you on a daily basis. Let those people who love you continue to help you, it is "therapy" for them. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,just want you to know how much we are all pulling and praying for you and family.I feel that we are very fortunate to have the families and friends that we do.
    Kevin G9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnifer -- Great to hear you're "side-effect free" thus far. I speak to people all the time who go through chemo without really any side effects...here's hoping! We're thinking about you guys! BTW - your blog is awesome!!!
    Craig, BJ, Victoria, and Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John, you rock. We love you so much and we are very relieved you're feeling OK so far. This blog is amazing, like you and your family. Keep feeling good. jenandmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey John. I just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you. This blog is such a great idea!
    Stay strong.

    Lisa, Kory, Issy and Ellie.

    ReplyDelete