Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day after 2nd cycle of chemo!

Well first of all I just want to thank everyone for the supportive comments from my last blog the are always appreciated. Ron & Moe I'm not sure about the curry and pickles. Jolaine anything is possible and Erin I'm now curious what you wanted to drop off I'm like a 4 yr old at christmas.

Well yesterday was a bit different my appointment was at 9am when I got there they told me my blood count was to low on thursday so i had to do blood test again to see if I could still get my chemo. My thursday count was 1.3 and they need it to be 1.5 to start next round. About an hour and half later my blood results were way past the 1.5 and in I went for my chemo. The nurses as usual were awesome the whole cancer clinic has been awesome. Everything was the same as the first treatment except way faster. I started at 11:30 and out before 3:30. The first night was the same as the first night of my last cycle. I had a decent sleep with no nausea so I have high hopes that these 3 weeks will be much like my last. The predinsone Already has me buzzing so I'm not excepting to sleep much this week and that's ok. My spirits are high and looking forward to christmas. My next appointment with the dr is on the 23rd of Dec. My next chemo is on the 29th of Dec So I'm sure the steriods will keep me up for new years for the first time since I had kids. Maybe I'll have a glass of red wine and pickles to celebrate the new years.

Thanks Chico and Colleen for the pickle ornamment for Christmas it's already on the tree and hopefully I don't get desperate and take a chunk out of it.

5 comments:

  1. John, I can soooo see you taking a bite out of that pickle ornament lol!
    I have my honey do list ready for this weeks prednisone high, they say everything has a silver lining and I think your energy after chemo is it.... you get to play with the girls more being home and being energetic and you do lots of chores :) I am just kidding!!! really, the silver lining is that each chemo is KILLING that cancer.. and putting you one step closer to spending many more happy years with us! yippee!!!
    LOVE YA!!!! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there John----sounds like things went very well this round----good for you! As far as the pickle ornament----if you go online to read about it----there's good luck for the person attached to it------so that's why I wanted to send it to you.Keep those positive thoughts---enjoy your mom & dad this week. Prayers are still coming your way! Colleen & Chico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to have your chemo and your blood levels were great. Just curious but why would they test you on Thursday when your not having the chemo until Monday? Wouldn't it make more sense to just test you on Monday (since they had to do it anyway)? I believe my MIL is tested the day she goes for chemo but then again she's in a completely different city.

    Anywho, you'll just have to wait to get your little chemo gift until next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your levels were good and you have a week of prednisone energy ahead!!! If you run out of stuff to do at your place, let me know....I am sure I could find something for you to do around here ;)
    Ok well hope to hear that you get some sleep tonight :)
    Sweet dreams!!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, you're such a trooper! Two down and both seem relatively painless! I'd be complaining about the needle(s) even! LOL

    I'm sure your attitude and strength will see you through this!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete