Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Monday!

Well my dad called to say that his cousin Chico is having a mass or a prayer said for me in mexico... So that's pretty cool!!! Prayers around the world how awesome is that? I wish I knew some spanish other then the Dora the explora spanish. Dad and Mom thanks for your support and all your positive support and help. B&B always so supportive and helping me take the beast on... Of course watching the little ones. Erin I love that you follow and always comment you're great! Jewel & little Eric are becoming little fixtures in the Maisonville house.

Today I went to the wellsprings to my peer group meeting. It was awesome I wish I could talk more about it but it is confidential. The people are positive and awesome and so supportive. I am losing hair in some odd places on the body. All the hair on my belly has pretty much fallen out. But the hair on my upper chest is all still there and I look like a crazy circus freak. I shaved my face last monday and now my facial hair won't grow back. My wife is disappointed because she likes my goatee but after a week of not shaving there's no goatee coming back. She's says I look like a molester without my goatee. Sorry honey I guess it's Lester the molester for awhile. My cravings are picking back up although not so much for pickles anymore. Newly added cravings include, Fruit loop, Regular fritos,Cuccumbers in vineager,oatmeal, all fruit, Summer sausage, milk. I'm obsessive when a certain flavor taste good in my mouth. I bought some regular Hubba Bubba gum on the way downtown yesterday I had chewed and spit out all 5 pieces before I got downtown. So I stopped and had bought another 2 packs because I had to have the flavor. I bought some spearmint halls and ate 2 of the 3 packs in about a half hour and then went onto chew a big pack of sunflower seeds. They could make a movie out of my eating a freaky hairloss. I feel like a hillbilly inbred from that movie wrong turn...

Ok so I have theraputic touch and meditation on Wednesday and I'm going to work thursday for a bit and a Windsor Spitfire game Thursday night in Windsor. I will stay the night in Windsor and hopefully see a few people when I'm there. Roma Pizza will be something I need to have when I'm in windsor. I haven't been to windsor since my diagnosis and that's my hometown so that will be special. A huge part of my support is in windsor so it'll be nice to be back although it'll be a brief visit. Sometimes I get chemo brain so if I forget to thank someone or told you something twice or slightly different just shake it off. Jen actually goes out in the middle of night to get stuff for me or fetches my drinks without a complaint because of my sickness. So not all is bad when you have cancer. Oneday when my doctor tells me I'm in remission I'll have to run for my dear life from my wife because I'll owe her a few...

Well Christmas is close and I'm so excited for the girls and there christmas. They really got a grip on it this year and are so excited for Santa as am I. Christmas has always been my favourite time of year I love the music, gifts, Baby Jesus. I love it all so hopefully my spirits will stay high through christmas and it will feel as normal as it possibly could. I don't feel like I have the ups and downs I had when first diagnosed. I feel like life has taken crappy turn but I still feel so lucky and blessed for all I got. At the end of the day that is the way I feel so bring christmas on and lets celebrate! And food at christmas yummy!

13 comments:

  1. Hey JOhn.....so in case there is some confusion I think cumcumbers in vinegar are perhaps disguised pickles :) haha
    I read this blog and check often to see if you are posting so keep it up. Love to read what is going on!
    We are also excited for Christmas and if you are feeling up for some cheer then bring the whole family over for a drink and a pickle!!!

    Take it easy!
    Stepha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may just run into Rob on Thursday, he too is going down for the hockey game. Glad to hear that you are feeling well, we think of you often and really enjoy reading your blog.

    Take Care
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, we can see you while your in town on thursday, miss you like crazy! I'm glad you are looking forward to Christmas, I'm sure it will be so much fun with your girls.
    Give hugs and kisses to Jen, Marrisa and Mikayla
    Jolaine
    PS, the "Crazy Cancer" blog entry, was unbeleivably touching, read it 3 different times and cried my eyes out...you're a great dad and I'm very proud to call you my big brother.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John----once again, I must tell you how much we enjoy reading your blog. How touching to read about you crawling into bed with your daughter---shedding tears--wondering about the future-----but how wonderful a gift that you could crawl into bed with her, hugging her--wondering about the future. I love your positive attitude towards this---and that is one of the many things that will get you through this. Yes, Masses are being said in Mexico for you--awesome as you said!!!! Enjoy the visit to Windsor for the Spits game---and you are 100% right----there is NOTHING like Windsor pizza!!!!! ENJOY!!! God Bless, Colleen & Chico

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey John
    Yes, Roma pizza is the best. That is where we always order from. They have awesome wings too. The other day I was reminded of a time long ago when you were about 16 or 17 years old and you babysat Jeff for me. He was a strange little child and use to take tape to bed with him. I would give him a small piece and all was good. Well, that nite for some reason you gave him the whole darn roll of tape to take to bed with him. From there on he HAD to take an entire roll of masking tape to bed with him. Made for a nice mess in the hair in the morning. Thankfully, he broke that habit.
    Have a great week. Enjoy your visit to Windsor. Mike mailed out golf letters yesterday so you should get that soon.
    Linda Jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading yesterdays blog I'm more convinced that you would make a great writer - it was tough to hold back the tears. You & Jen are wonderful parents - the M&M's are very lucky! I am so happy that you are attending meetings and attending sessions for relaxation. The 'ups and downs' are normal and unfortunately heightened with prednisone. Glad to see you've added to your cravings list - now fruit & cool whip I can see! You are doing great & I know you'll continue to do so because you're strong!

    Haven fun in Windsor - Luv Ya! Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mexican? didn't think you were Mexican!
    have fun in Windsor on Friday, i'm doing the 12 bars of christmas, its gonna be a shit show!

    when does cooper move to his new pad?

    have fun dude!

    Dano M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey John,
    We love reading your blog. You have me craving pickles now for some strange reason. Keep up the fight and continue to be positive. Thinking of you guys.

    Wendy Livingstone

    ReplyDelete
  9. John I think it's great you are going to lots of group get togethers with other people who are going through the same thing or have in the past.

    I keep replying to your blog because I want you to know that I still think of you every day and both Todd and I see you as a great friend and Jen too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like the only constant craving is milk... forget the pickles, I'm withdrawing my RRSP for some dairy cows! LOL

    John, I am pretty sure you owed Jen a few beforehand! Nevermind afterwards! That's standard fare though... most of us owe our wonderful wives more than we usually admit!

    Send my best to the family

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,

    Jen just let me know of your blog - what a fantastic idea! I am stalking you now! Sending you positive thoughts every day....you WILL beat this!

    Love to you all,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cancer wig! It makes you look sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey John

    It has been a long time...but I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers. The wig looks great...if only we thought of that in high school.

    I would love to see you guys on the holidays if you are back in Windsor.

    PS - I have no idea how to post a comment...hope this works.
    Steve Kokic

    ReplyDelete