Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wacky Wednesday!

Steph you're pretty swift unlocking the cuccumber and vinegar mystery (pickles). Tina I just know I will run into Rob at the spits game thursday. Jolaine we will see you for sure... Us 4 kids make a heck of a family don't we? I always love being around my Brothers and Sister you guys rock!!! Colleen A big thanks to yourself and Chico for supporting us through all this. Linda that story about Jeff is sooooooooo funny. I had completely forgotten about that. After reading your comment it all came back but seriously sending the kid to bed with a piece of tape Mike must of thought of that one. Lisa I think your ginger root may of helped with the prednisone to... Dano you will have some serious fun doing the 12 bars of christmas. I wonder if you be thirsty the next morning and yes Cooper is moving today so he will virtually be your neighbor. Wendy I have a costco card if you ever need pickles. Erin the support groups out there are a saviour and were lucky because London has alot of them. I completely recommend them for anyone who has cancer or has a family member with cancer. You and Todd are awesome the support my wife and I recieved from you guys will never be forgotten! I think Todd would look sexy with the pink hair... Derek milk has been steady throughout the whole process you are a dedicated reader. Yes I'm sure we have a bunch of I owe yous to our wives. Leslie I'm glad you're in on the blog now. Feel free to stalk me I've never had my very own stalker!!!

Well Mikaylas favourite book to read right now is Wacky Wednesday! So keeping up with that theme today was just that " Wacky Wednesday". I went to meditation at wellspring at 10:30 and like I always do I embarassed myself. I've had a tickley dry cough and wasn't sure if I should go because I didn't want to cough while people were trying to meditate. But I said ahhh you'll be fine.... So were in this 15 by 15 room jammed with couches and I'd say there are 10 or so people. We're 10 to 15 minutes into meditation and I feel the tickle in the back of my throat. So I'm fighting it desperately trying not to cough. I'm torturing myself trying not to cough until finally I just have to cough. So i kinda do this cough thing and out pops a fart at the same time... The cough was so loud that it muzzled the sound of the fart a little. Unfortunately it didn't muzzle the smell of the fart... As my wife says chemo farts are nasty! So the poor lady beside me was hung out to dry. Well the whole room was in bad shape. I think the paint was peeling off the walls. I was mortified and just shut my eyes and tried to meditate but not working very well. No where to run or hide and no one to blame... So I guess I'm finding meditation stressful instead of relaxing. I'll try again next week it couldn't get worse. Everyone in the room acted like nothing happen.... Then I got in the car and had a few things I had to pick up and then back to wellsprings for theraputic touch. Theraputic touch went as well as the first time it was so calming I think I'm going to sleep good tonight. Then back out to find a freaking parking ticket on my vehicle. Just bloody great!!! The ticket said I was parked there from 11:10 am until 2:30 pm which was true other then the fact that I left for an hour in between... So I guess I'll fight that in court... Wacky wednesday!!!

I had to laugh the other day I gave Marissa a piece of gum! I've never seen anyone enjoy a piece of gum like that well maybe other then my nephew Noah! When she has gum in her mouth as she chews it she has this smile on her face. Even a half hour later she's still chewing on it and has a huge proud smile on her face enjoying every chomp! So every time I have a piece of gum I laugh because I think of her and Noah... I'm off to Windsor tommorrow for the big game with my brother and then Pizza to follow. Right mom and dad? I'm kinda trying to make my blog a bit nicer. You'll start to see more pics maybe some video and slide shows and other fancy things you all might enjoy... Thanks for reading and goodnight!!!

Yours truly the Farter!

8 comments:

  1. John, John, John. I don't know what is funnier...that you posted that picture or that you told that story!!!! ahhh I am so unbelievably proud! really I am! yes, frizzle is crazy with her gum..so funny. Miss Kaylala is something else these days...glad you are finding them enjoyable and feeling so good! I am looking forward to the holidays with you Mr. Pickles!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chico & I are laughing as we read the blog this morning-----haven't we ALL been there with a fart!!!??? Did you want me to try to find an ornament for the tree that would signify the "famous fart"????? Have fun tonight at the Spits game & ENJOY the pizza & your family while here.Chico & Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. John you make my day -- I laughed so hard this morning -- keep up the good work -- your blog is fantastic -- can relate to the fart -- as you get older it's harder to control
    Have fun at the game and don't eat too much pizza (LOL) Bev & Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - you are an amazing man. You're fighting the cancer with courage and dignity. We are so proud of you. Talking about dignity...I am dumb-founded about how you were able to maintain your composure during the meditation! I would have high-tailed it out of there -- coughing, farting, and "laughing all the way".

    Talking about farting...I just wanted to comment on the Cancer Couch pic. It appears that your chemo farts have the girls scrambling for cover...

    Craig, BJ, and Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMFG John you had me laughing out loud at work today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey John, that fart story was great. It brought me back to grade 4, in Mr Gubb's class when I accidently farted. Everyone looked around to see who it was, so I looked around too. Seemed to take the heat off me.
    I am a faithful reader of your blog, but because I subscribe, it comes to my blackberry and I can't comment that way. When I read the blog last night I had to come on and comment.
    I'm so very glad you are feeling well. Kent and I are still available for anything that we can help with. You know where to find us!!
    Keep doing wonderful and we will keep up the positive thoughts!!
    Christine, Kent and McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG John that's hilarious!!!! One of lifes more embarrassing jokes on the human body I think. Why we have to fart I'll never understand. LOL. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well...keep up the good work! ---Cathy Perreault

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey John, God, your blog is incredible - an emotional roller coaster. One minute I'm crying, the next minute I'm laughing . . . you are really truly an amazing person. What blessed girls my neices are. Thanks for writing, thanks for being you - thanks for letting us be here with you. We are praying hard and thinking of you always, love sisterinlaw Jen.

    ReplyDelete